As a mother of three children that are rather spread out, I realize that much of their behavior is really just a stage to be enjoyed or endured. Here are some things I enjoy or endure about each of my kids and their various stages...
Things I love about this age:
1. He tells me I'm pretty and that I have beautiful eyes. I think he really means it too.
2. He helps clean--and it really is help. In fact he cleans out my car better than any expensive car wash place.
3. He actually likes to cook--in fact he made lunch all summer for us (when we were home!) and he pulls out recipes to make dinner, when he has the time.
4. He likes to organize things--he just finished sorting through the toy baskets in the loft and all the video games up there.
5. He is fiercely independent. I think he'll be a great leader someday. He certainly isn't going to be bossed around!*
6. He has a song for every occasion. He literally breaks into song whenever we say some key word to set him off. For instance, "You need to apologize to your sister for doing that." Followed by, "It's too late to apologize...."**
Things I don't love about this age:
1. He likes to debate word meanings with everyone, all the time. I think the proper word here is ANNOYING.
2. He likes to say naughty words like "crap" and "sucks" and then debate the merits of them for a 12-year-old to use.
3. *He is fiercely independent. This is not always so charming...
4. **He has a song for every occasion. It's not always funny.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Posted by Kim at 8:01 AM