Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend


We started Thanksgiving with the traditional trip to the bowling alley with our ward where I managed to drop our camera and break it. Oh, man. Right before Christmas! I'm sad to say goodbye to that little guy. He's been through a lot with me.



We followed up with a trip to the movies. The kids went to see Bolt while Dave and I saw Four Christmases. It was hilarious! When we returned home I tackled dinner and the rest of the crew hit the hot tub. Followed up with some football. It was a low-key, fun-filled day. I love my family.


Dave and I did a bit of shopping on Black Friday, mostly to buy a new camera so I don't miss out on documenting our exciting Christmas season. Merry early Christmas to me. Dave and I rented Run Fat Boy Run and laughed A LOT.


Snow fell and fell so Ben went sledding with Evan. Rachel built her first snowman with Dave and went sledding for the first time. This is the part of winter we all love. It's still novel and fun and the hot chocolate really makes it all warm and wonderful when you come inside.




We visited the pool and made homemade chocolate chip cookies. We bought and decorated our tree. Grandma and Papa will arrive for a visit tonight.

Jake is being a "Scottish man" with the tree skirt, which apparently involves cursing and growling. Nice.


Ben is much more amiable in his kilt.


Devil eyes.

November continues to be my most content, peaceful time of year. "Because I have been given much, I too must give..."

3 comments:

Annee said...

Simple holiday celebrations are the best. Ours was very similar this year and I found it delightful.

I'm so glad that you found the bag both functional and cute. You know that's always my goal! It looks cute on you!

Lori said...

I can feel the LOVE! Love all your thankful lists Way to go all of you!

Bret and Sarah said...

3 things...

a) Loved "Run Fat Boy Run"

2) Wanna see "Four Christmases"

And lastly..nice view of Dave's butt!