Friday, February 20, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009 Remembered

How we celebrated together...




Our little playgroup decorated sugar cookies.


We hosted our playgroup friends after a two-hour delay for the BIG kids. (I did not use your recipe Mom and the cookies were NOT very good, but not to worry, they still worked to transport frosting and candy to the mouth quite well.)





And poor little Rachel found herself under the weather just as our friends were arriving. She slept through all the decorating and most of the fun but awakened to tell everyone her stomach hurt, which in the end amounted to nothing terrible, but did serve to clear the room. Imagine, no one wanted to share that love.


The next day was actually Valentine's day and Rachel was much better by then. We had a quiet day without Dave because, as it turns out, he was on-call. We ran a few errands and picked up Slayton's BBQ for an at-home-picnic feast. Very delicious and lovely, with the people I love the most.



I surprised Dave by taking him to see Brian Regan, a comedian, at the Pikes Peak Center. That guy is so funny. Check out one of my favorite bits in the following post.



Will it work? We'll see. Yes. It does work. I'm amazed and quite pleased with myself.

Oh, and Dave got me some flowers and took me to California for a romantic getaway a week before Valentine's Day. GRRREAT present.

0 comments: