Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Recap...finally




You know what would help my posting habits? My kids going back to school!

They will be going back on Thursday, January 8th, assuming everyone remains healthy and we don't get pummelled with more snow. On Sunday church was cancelled because we had so much snow. It was a lovely, quiet, relaxing day. I have loved having them home and enjoyed the days of freedom from homework, ect. but I am ready for some peace and quiet. Despite their promises of reform to not fight (following a loss of privileges) they remain loud and somewhat obnoxious.



But back to Christmas. It was quiet and filled with joy. Santa found his way to our house and left many treats.











Jake has enjoyed his new bathrobe a bit too much. Who knew he would never get dressed again of his own free will? His addiction to Animal Crossing Wild World for DS is not helping him to get out much either. Can you believe he logged 26 hours in the first three days and finished the game?! Crazy. His buddy Trevor is equally addicted so that's not much help.



Ben enjoyed a Christmas of many new guns. There is laser tag, nerf dart tag, and a nerf-type machine gun. Some video games with skating and snowboarding as well as new RockBand favorites have also kept him busy. Is there ever a time when Ben is not busy? Not really.





Rachel got a new puppy. The only kind that is an option, a toy. She wanted "Bisquit" from a commericial, a robotic dog that walks and does tricks and is as tall as she is, all for a mere 180 bucks. But Santa thought better of that "Bisquit" and got her another one that knows its own name and her name as well. It also grows from a tiny pup to a small pup over the course of four days. Very cute and more beloved by her than any other toy ever received. She also received the swimming baby as per her request and it actually works. She takes it to swim lessons with her and it swims like a champ across the entire pool.
We all stayed in pajamas all day long, which I have never done before, and it was grand. Except for Rachel, who needed to take a bath with the swimming baby. Dave and I even got a nap in while Rachel tackled her leapster-known as her"lobster"-and the boys played various video games. Dave gave me an iphone so I can "blog on the run." I don't think so, but it has so many fun things that I'll be playing with it for a long time to come.



It was a great Christmas.

3 comments:

Rebecca Irvine said...

Your Christmas tree and the room it is in are gorgeous! Can't wait to see it in real life!

I Am Boymom said...

Sounds like you had a splendid Christmas...nice and relaxed. I'm still waiting for my kids to go back to school too. Definitely cuttin' into the blogging time, as well as the having a coherent thought without interruption time! Thanks for stopping my my blog. You made me laugh hysterically with the boots comment. Thanks for the humorous take on my depressing post. I have really thick calves, which is why I don't own boots. I'll have to pull myself up by the belt loops instead.

Kristi said...

OK. I just had to stop by your blog and tell you that your comment on I am Boymom about the boots was pretty stinkin funny! It is exactly something I would say. Either that or go eat some chocolate. They both work fantastically. (is that even a word? If not is sound fantastic-iliscios).

Anyways...thanks for the laugh. You can stop by my blog and comment anytime. You'd fit right in girl! Have a great day.